Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tasmanian Devil. Yep.

Wow.  Jack is into EVERYTHING.  It should have been a sign that he wasn't going to have a laid back, docile personality when he had already decided at birth he would not tolerate being gently tucked into a bassinet or rocked to sleep in a chair--from the very beginning, whenever he was upset or sleepy you had to stand and bounce to get him settled.  If your back or leg muscles dare got fatigued, you had to hand him off--even a momentary respite with your rear in a chair would get him all upset all over again.  Now that he is crawling and pulling up to stand and cruising everywhere, life is crazier than ever.  First, he's gotten fast motoring all over the place--in 10 seconds flat he can make his way to any electrical outlet, the half-full glass sitting on the coffee table, or that set of authentic Ginsu knives we got Karys for her third birthday. 

I feel like tonight I didn't sit still or take my eyes off of him for more than 3 seconds--and on the few occasions that I did it was a mistake, because he:
  • grabbed the attached pen at the checkout stand and started gnawing (eeeeeeew! And way to go making me look like a bad mom in public, Jack);
  • reached through the baby gate, grabbed the dogs' ball, and promptly started chewing on it (barf);
  • pulled the little white cap off those springy door-stopper-type things in the bathroom and almost got it in his mouth (silly Mom, trying to use the restroom for 4 seconds!);
  • grabbed and dumped on the floor half of my caprese salad (oh no--my precious, precious mozzarella!);
  • found some random fake jewel in the couch cushions and had it in his mouth (thanks for saving the day, Dad!);
  • pulled the "B" key off my laptop keyboard and almost swallowed it (thanks for saving the day again, Dad!); and
  • snuck a spoon full of chocolate mousse and smeared it all over his mouth, nose, and forehead (okay--that was smart.  It was pretty tasty.).
I'm sure there were more, but I'm so exhausted I can't remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment